Monday, August 11, 2008

Look who's here...



Over the weekend Jeff & I took on a pretty large task. The school I teach at recently purchased new playground equipment & they needed someone to spread sand around the sets. I volunteered Jeff & I to do it. Friday evening we were hard at work when we heard Landon laughing in the corner of the playground. We went over to see what was going on & there was this sweet little dachshund trying to play with Landon. We gave her some water & went back to work. Eventually she was gone & we didn't her another thought. On Sunday morning, we went back to the school to finish up spreading the rest of the sand & about an hour into the process, Jeff hollers out to me, "Look who's here". It was the same sweet little dachshund from Friday evening. She didn't have a collar on, she was thirsty, & dirty. I told Jeff, I can't leave her out here. So we bought her home. You can tell she's been abused, she cowards down when we come close to her, or if we get loud towards Landon for misbehaving. It took her a while before she would let Jeff pet her, she's more scared of him than Landon & I.Plus, her tail is nubbed. She loves Landon. She follows him everywhere, she lays in his lap when he's watching cartoons, & I even found Landon with his arm around her yesterday evening. She gets along with Tuffy very well. She's not sure about Speck. (with good reason, he's a crazy dog...hahaha) We're not planning on keeping her. I hope to find her a good home soon. In the mean time, I've bathed her, bought her a pink collar & pink hair bows, & I've even painted her nails. hahahahaha....(I did it to get under Jeff's skin)

1 comment:

Mr. Randy said...

If I knew you were in the market for a new dog I would of sent Riley Fed Ex!! Let me know!!