Wednesday, December 3, 2008

something funny...

This evening Landon, Jeff, & I popped some popcorn & sat down together to watch"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" on t.v. When the show was just about over, Santa stopped at "Misfit Island" to pick up the misfit toys & then he flys away to deliver toys. Landon asked me, "where's he going mommy?" Jeff & I don't have a problem with the make-believe story of Santa, but we haven't told him much about Santa either, so I explained to him that Santa is going to deliver toys to good girls & boys. Landon asked me, "Is Santa going to come down our fireplace?" I told him, "he just might." Next thing I know, Landon hops off my lap & shouts, "I better turn off the fire then," & he runs over the switch that turns the fireplace on & off, & he turns off the fire. Jeff & I were laughing so hard...I was nearly in tears! Jeff explained to him, that Christmas is in 22 more days, & at that time, Santa will visit us.
I don't recall explaining to Landon that Santa comes down the chimney. I think he's gathered it from watching some of the Christmas shows. In fact, a few weeks ago Landon told me that Santa will drive his car to our house on Christmas Eve. He explained that Santa will have dinner with us for 3 hours, & Santa will eat a salad & drink water. Where he got this idea is beyond me! I decided that we will leave out a salad & water for Santa on the mantel instead of cookies & milk this Christmas Eve. hahahaha....

1 comment:

momoffaith said...

Before I even got to the end of the blog I was thinking, well you had better make a salad on Christmas eve. That is too funny. I love my nephew-he is just precious. S